Monday, December 01, 2008

those who disappeared

one of my secrets - or something you can not see in the finished paintings: those who disappeared... This is a way I create an extra tension or an odd and awkward feeling. It also affects the composition. I know what feeling I am after, but I don't know what the final result will be. I work by intuition and don't do any preparatory sketches.

she is listening. Smiling/laughing or about to say something. Aware of being watched.

she is on her own: "I'm lovin' it"

they are posing - a typical group photo where one person is lost in her thoughts. You would take that photo again and ask her to look at the camera.

The middle figure is gone. The two very different expressions are set against each other and there is a void between them. "she sells seashells by the seashore ..."

4 comments:

Camilla Engman said...

Åh så spännande och kul att se!

Veja cecilia said...

verkligen superfina allihop. och spännande med hemligheter!

Anonymous said...

I like learning more of your process and workings behind the scenes. There is something wonderful about working without the aid of preparatory drawings and studies. Chance and spontaneity and instinct!

More please.

Enjoy those adventures, g

Esti said...

so good to learn from your creative process. it's hard to sacrifice part of the created bits to get the best out of the painting. I wish I'd learn too.
:)