Friday, November 26, 2010

Back from Lidköping



This afternoon I came home after guest-teaching for a week at Formakademin in Lidköping. It's a beautiful little town. On my way there Monday morning it was snowing and it didn't stop until today... Suddenly my autumn turned into winter.

I also wanted to share some photos from the hostel (Lidköping Vandrarhem) where I always stay. It's so very much un-styled, but grandma-style (or maybe great-grandma-style is more accurate). I was told that they just kept the furniture from the former owner when they turned it into a hostel. Unfortunately the bedrooms don't run in the same style...




4 comments:

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

I love the photographs! This town with snow looks like a town from a fairytale for me.
I love design furniture but grandma's furniture is also very inspiring in such great surroundings.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Camilla Engman said...

Trodde att den första bilden var en gammal målning först.

when skies are grey said...

Wow, the top picture looks like a painting! Thanks for showing, so interesting to hear of your travels :)

nathalie et cetera said...

Quel joli petit hotel! J'y resterais bien quelques jours.