Friday, August 29, 2008

probably like this

I often work a long time on my paintings. This doesn't mean that I paint and paint and paint on them (can happen though), but that I reconsider them, look at them, let them rest until I know how they should be. Suddenly I might change them totally. This painting was already began in March.
I think I'll keep it like this.
Or I have this idea I might try on it.

Annie Kevans paints portraits in oil on paper. But things are not what they seem to be. Check out the little boys and what they are called.

5 comments:

●• Thereza said...

it looks good as it is ;) what's the scale?

/// said...

This is beautiful. :)

asphalt and air said...

the combination of colors being layered and glazed over one another in contrast to the opaque white is simply wonderful!
i'd love to see the layers of color up close.

Alexandra Hedberg said...

coming up: size a and close up!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous painting. the closer look is impressive.