Wednesday, March 02, 2011

like cutting out cookies

Today I've been making some templates for cutting out the simpler big shapes for my commission. The shapes are fitted into rectangles which will be magnified onto aluminium plates (size 2500 mm x 1250 mm) with the help of an overhead projector - to make sure the shapes will be the right size and fit together - and that we will waste as little material as possible. [that description didn't sound very clear ... anyhow: I know what I'm doing]
...the basic aesthetic idea in my commissioned art piece is based on the cut out, but now it makes me think more of when you try to get as many cookies as possible out of the gingerbread dough ...
I realized that I actually never posted an image of my finished sketch for the commission - here it is! (the builing will be painted green and the doors orange)
and this is the wall right now.

3 comments:

marie-louise said...

Du jobbar liksom i ett lite större format än en annan, skulle man kunna säga:)

louise said...

That wall is going to look wonderful. How exciting. xolj

Lotte said...

Love it...Must be cool to make things that big...:)