Wednesday, March 30, 2011

should be ready by Friday


I'm finishing up a series of paintings this week in order to have some fresh material for a grant application. Sometimes it's good to just put that pressure on yourself: by Friday it should be ready and by next week I will start something new.

Today you can read the article about my exhibition in the small paper Härryda Posten, but I would rather not link to the article... I've never ever gotten an article in a local paper that I would like someone to read ... Last time (my exhibition at Lysekil Konsthall) an artist came to my opening and told me, "but this is really good and interesting, not at all like the impression I got through the local paper"

At the online Magzine Art Interview you can read art interviews (with artist a tiny tiny bit more established than me)

3 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

Hey...I really like this piece behind bars...your work is always SO powerful...I feel mine so naive sometimes...
I just finished the stage back drop for Alice yesterday...happy to be done with it...

Have a good week and hope the exhibition goes well!
Char.x

pRiyA said...

My goodness, this is a very striking piece of work. I can't wait to see the rest.
Many interviewers don't know what kind of questions to ask an artist and sometimes that becomes a problem.

when skies are grey said...

I am liking what I see from this peek!