Wednesday, October 03, 2012

characters for my children's book?


For two days I've managed (kind of) to block out any thoughts about my paintings and my work in the studio - and concentrated on the children's book. I imagined I entered another mental room, which helped.

It turned out to be hard writing the script without knowing what my characters looked like. Or, rather; I wrote a script according to our instructions for the exercise, but even though I thought the story was good - I didn't at all feel like illustrating it. It was a story for someone else to illustrate!

So I'm taking another approach - looking for my characters before getting serious about the text. (I have an idea about the story though)

4 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Your figures here look brilliant-

Gracia said...

I like how you describe the process of focusing on one project/work/task as being like entering another room in the physical sense. "I imagined I entered another mental room, which helped." To shut other things out and avoid muddiness, to work in quiet, yep, this is needed.

Eager to meet these characters emerging.

Good luck!

Lotte said...

Supernice ;)))

K R I S T I I N A said...

wonderful little krabater