Tuesday, May 31, 2011

printing a summer meadow

In two weeks the big format screenprinting course will start. The focus is installation in space/scenografi rather than editions/prints on paper to be framed. I'm making some material tests and prepare some prints to show different techniques. Today I printed a summer meadow ... which is quite far from what my own art is about. (No, my art is not about happiness, even though there might be laughter.) 
first I cut some simple stencils
the stencils stick to the backside of the screenprinting frame thanks to the capillary attraction. I then painted flowers and such on the open mesh, filled the rest with green screenprinting ink - and printed.
Voilà!
Here I repeated the print (with some variation to make it more interesting)
another print, detail: layer on layer and with slightly different colours.(I think it would look nice as a textile print. On a summer dress?)

4 comments:

Veja cecilia said...

ja du, mönstermakare där! gillart:)

●• Thereza said...

busy bee you! those flowers look delightful.
happy busy spring to you, my friend!

DAKOTA said...

Bonjour :)
I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and your work. The colors on these are gorgeous.

Francisca Robles said...

like it a lot!