Monday, November 10, 2008

my lulu order

My little book - or should I say portfolio - from Lulu came in the post today. Voilà!

this one you can see bigger - click on it.


This is actually my second version. I got kind of disappointed with the first one. The colours were like they had a milky layer over them - and especially some colours got weird; yellow got more green and some blue got the opposite as milky - super strong and artificial. I knew it wasn't the digital images themselves as I have developped them before on paper. Anyhow - I did some photoshop "corrections" to the files; stronger contrast, warmer yellow, more subtle blue - or what was appropriate for that specific painting.

So today I was very curious when I opened the parcel. And It was actually ok - not like photos - but it will do. It has of course also to do with the paper quality. So now I will order some more. My advice to you who are thinking about ordering from Lulu is:
- Don't expect too much from pictures where exact colour is important (my screen prints were ok)
- Order ONE first "test version" - not several without having seen them. (I luckily resisted the temptation to order several - which I need kind of soon)

Though I must say the moo cards do my paintings more justice even if they are small.

6 comments:

marie-louise said...

Det ser ju skitbra ut - njut av detta hela dan!

Esti said...

thanks for your advices. I'm actually thinking of getting myself some moo cards after seeing yours!
:)

Veja cecilia said...

det ser görfint ut. är det mycket dyrt att göra böcker?

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Cecilia: min bok på 19 x 19 cm, tror det var ca 38 sidor (hälften pappersblad) kostade 7,9 GBP - men frakten gick på 4,28 GBP. Allt som allt 12,18 pund vilket blir ca 150 sek. Det blir billigare med frakten om man beställer fler förstås!

●• Thereza said...

wow, it looks great alexandra! i should go for lulu when the childrens book is ready :)

ohh i've also got my moo business cards this week and they look great! just like the mini moo ones. i wasn't impressed by the postcards though. they have a glossy sheen, just not very good.

Bibbi said...

snyggt! samlat! seriöst :)