Friday, January 21, 2011

getting the size


Time is elusive. I thought I had eons of time this spring for just working on "my own art". But it turns out that now I have only four weeks until I'll have to start working on the execution of my big commissioned art piece (of course it is my art - but a commission is never the same as when you work more freely just for yourself). I intend to enjoy these four weeks fully.

I've booked the big project room at KKV from the 21st of February (much bigger than my studio). Yesterday I quickly magnified part of my sketch to see it in real size. I knew it was big, but size is always more impressing in reality than in your mind...

3 comments:

nathalie et cetera said...

c'est très prometteur! j'aime les grands formats. ça impose, ça rempli. profite de ton temps au maximum!

annamaria potamiti said...

Enjoy the precious time!

gracia said...

Commission is just a word but it makes all the difference to me when I work and it can be hard to shake off. As soon as I fool myself into forgetting the commission part, things flow along once more.

Love the large scale, and look forward to stealing a further glimpse.