Monday, March 01, 2010

writing my artist statement

I've been using the door in my studio for writing down some thoughts for my artists statement.

Today started to rewrite my artist statement. I have one in English and one in Swedish and they both need some improvement. Sometimes everything you write sounds really corny - or very pretentious. I always need some time to get it right - it kind of needs to ripen - so I have set my deadline within a month.

How to write an Artist Statement at the Artist Foundation's website where you can also find some other Art Business related resources under being in the arts. Checking other people's artist statements at for example Axis is also a good help when you write your own statement.

1 comment:

marie-louise said...

Strindberg ja, gamla Strindberg...