Friday, September 16, 2011

drawing for fun

Sometimes I feel it has all gotten so serious with my art - it's my livelihood and all my life. What about sometimes doing things just for fun and no other purpose?

So - when Pikaland announced you could win a participation in arthousecoop's sketchbook project I decided to take the chance and gamble. And I won. The other day I got my sketchbook with the theme Grey side of life (perfect for me). Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project - so what are you waiting for?

In 2008 I participated in another of Art House Co-op's projects: the scavenger project.

5 comments:

gracia said...

Yes to fun and mixing up orders and doing things just because.

Amy@Pikaland said...

Yay! Glad the sketchbook got there already. :) Can't wait to see what you'll do with it! xo

Louise said...

I'm all for making art for fun. Sometimes the best work comes from this place. xolj

Lotte said...

Cool..And that sketchbook thing...I might just go for :)))

Sara said...

Hi Alexandra! Sorry to comment on an old post, but I'm also doing The Grey Side of Life for the sketchbook project. I've only just started (late, I know) but I'm determined to finish it. Can't wait to see what you did! BTW, I really like your 'laughter' paintings, they make me smile :) ~ Sara