Wednesday, February 03, 2010

solving storage problems

So - I have this storing problem in my studio with my big paintings on paper. Determined to solve the problem I went to talk to the carpenter who is my landlord (he has his workshop just next to my studio) and asked if he could help me buying this big mdf board - as he's got a truck. "how big do you want?" he asked "3 x 4 meters (118 x 157 inches)?" I was tempted, but settled for 1,22 x 2,44 m (48 x 96 inches).


Two days later I got the board - and mounted even bigger paper on it! I don't know why; I just got nuts and instead of solving the problem I increased it. Luckily I restrained myself and didn't ask for the biggest size of board...



but eventually I will have to solve this problem - or maybe I should just do as Aimee suggested: store my paintings on gallery walls!

4 comments:

Veja cecilia said...

båda de här är helt underbara den nedersta gör mig helt mållös!

Alexandra Gerull said...

Get two more boards. Mount them on the wall like shelves. Maybe overhead, so you don't loose valuable floorspace. Store your paintings flat on the boards.

nathalie et cetera said...

je dois dire, Alexandra G a là une très bonne idée !
J'aime beaucoup le visage de la blonde.
p.s. étrange, je commence toujours par t'écrire en anglais...

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Yes Alexandra (nice name) - I've been thinking about that solution. But I ruled it our as I have to put the shelves just under the ceiling not to steal any wall space ... and then I need a ladder ... and besides it will be visually disturbing. And I might get a problem blocking out light from my lamps.

Right now I'm thinking about building a podium/box. Very sturdy. And then I'll put my table on top of it ... and move the table and open the box when I need to get a painting or store something more. I'll just need to do that once a month as most. But this will take some time to fix though... maybe in May?

For now I hang the paintings on the wall.